2015 CIV Outbreak
Vet Community Responds
Stop the Spread
Talking to Pet Owners
2. Crawford C, Spindel M. Canine influenza. In: Miller L, Hurley K, eds. Infectious Disease Management in Animal Shelters. Ames, IA: Wiley-Blackwell; 2009:173-180.
3. Data on file, Merck Animal Health.
26. Canine influenza FAQs: questions, answers, and interim guidelines. AVMA Website. Available at: https://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/FAQs/Pages/Control-of-Canine-Influenza-in-Dogs.aspx. Updated December 1, 2005. Accessed December 9, 2015.
31. Canine influenza. National Biosecurity Resource Center Website. Accessed June 9, 2009.
34. Larson LJ, Henningson J, Sharp P, et al. Efficacy of the canine influenza virus H3N8 vaccine to decrease severity of clinical disease after cochallenge with canine influenza virus and Streptococcus equi subsp. zooepidemicus. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18(4):559-564.
Read common questions about Dog Flu strains, spread and vaccinations.
We have tools and tips to help contain the spread of Dog Flu in your facilities.
Speak to a pet professional about vaccination and other preventive measures.